Dear Cross Country Coach(es),
Welcome to the 41st Annual Woodbridge Cross Country Classic presented by ASICS America!
The meet will be contested on Friday night, September 16th, 2022 starting at 5:00pm (Red and White Divisions) and Saturday night, September 17th, 2022 starting at 3:50pm (Blue and Gold divisions).
Please note and share the following information with the other coaches in your school:
1) Most of the information you will need about our meet is posted on this website.
3) If you have changed your mind about attending the meet, please let us know of this decision immediately. A $100 cancellation fee will be expected if we are notified after September 1st.
5) Please register those athletes that have a chance to be in our meet. It would be helpful if you drop those that will not compete from your class roster. Bib numbers are expensive and preparing bib numbers for athletes that will not compete but are on your roster is time-consuming. You can always make adjustments to your roster up to the registration deadline and you also can add new runners at the day of the meet.
6) The NOVICE race does require a fee like all other races. It is designed to give boys that run 24:00 or slower and girls that run 24:00 or slower a more meaningful experience for their race by competing against those with similar abilities. Also, this race reduces congestion in the regular races and we can record the time all of these athletes.
7) Bring the ENTRY FEE to the check-in table at our meet. If mailing it, it needs to be mailed early enough (by September 1st) for us to have it on time for the meet. Refer to Entry Fees for more details. Personal payment will be required if a school check is not brought to the meet otherwise.
8) The Sweepstakes (Top 25 teams) and Rated (Teams 26-55) selections will be announced by Rich Gonzalez after September 1st. If you have a team that you would like for Rich to consider, send an email request (with needed information) by contacting us.
*** NOTE: A couple of important updates this year from SilverLakes. Cal Fire will be checking every single tent to make sure it has the fire retardant seal. If tents are customized, the manufacturer should be able to provide this. If it doesn’t have this seal, your team can’t put it up. Also, SilverLakes is cashless due to Covid considerations. Both the parking is cashless and also the restaurant. Food trucks will be able to take cash but we want to encourage as many people as possible to be cashless.
PLEASE PASS ON TO ALL OF YOUR COACHES AND PARENTS: NO DOGS ARE ALLOWED AT SILVERLAKES SPORTS COMPLEX AT ANY TIME! YOU MUST LEAVE YOUR PETS AT HOME! THIS IS A STRICT REQUIREMENT OF SILVERLAKES!
Best wishes for a successful track and field season next year. We hope that your athletes will enjoy our meet!