Athlete Registration is NOW CLOSED!
Sweepstakes and Rated Entries have been UPDATED (as of 9/13/21)!
Teams by Division have been UPDATED (as of 9/14/21)!
40th Annual Woodbridge Cross Country Classic
presented by ASICS America
The 40th Annual Woodbridge Cross Country Classic presented by ASICS America is scheduled for Friday, September 17th (first race at 5:00pm) and Saturday, September 18th, 2021 (first race at 3:50pm). This website has all the information you might need about the meet (registration forms/information, schedule of races, race photos and videos, all-time performance lists, etc.).
Team Registration is now open for the meet.
The Woodbridge Classic will be hosted at the SilverLakes Sports Complex again in 2020. The SilverLakes Sports Complex is an excellent venue for our meet. The facility provides the space for a running course that has a 100-meter-wide starting line, a 400-meter-long straight away start, is run mostly on well-manicured grass surface, is very visible for the spectators, and is very fast (typical Woodbridge).
When you add the capability for accommodating all the bus and spectator parking and amenities such as an on-site full restaurant, food trucks, ample bathrooms, etc., everyone will enjoy a great experience.
*** NOTE: A couple of important updates this year from SilverLakes. Cal Fire will be checking every single tent to make sure it has the fire retardant seal. If tents are customized, the manufacturer should be able to provide this. If it doesn’t have this seal, your team can’t put it up. Also, SilverLakes is cashless due to Covid considerations. Both the parking is cashless and also the restaurant. Food trucks will be able to take cash but we want to encourage as many people as possible to be cashless.
Red and White divisions will run on Friday. Blue and Gold divisions will run on Saturday. Divisions are based on school size (White, Red, Gold, Blue is the order from small to large), team strength (White to Blue is the order) and coach’s/team travel plan requests.
Our staff will continue to work very hard to provide an enjoyable experience for you and your athletes. The meet will be timed using bib chips; will have live results (unofficial) as well as 1-mile and 2-mile splits; will live-stream the finishes; will have a jumbo display board; and, will post the official results online as soon as all the finishes are reviewed with the FinishLynx cameras.
Please check back regularly to this website between now and next Fall for all the latest news and announcements relating to the event.
Thank you for adding the Woodbridge Cross Country Classic presented by ASICS America to your 2021 schedule! See you next Fall!
For more information on how your participation in our meet can be made most enjoyable, please contact George Varvas at 949.632.4327 or by e-mail.
George Varvas ( 949.632.4327 )
Woodbridge High School Cross Country
Here is a list of some of the unique opportunities offered to enjoy the start of the cross country season.
- This is a well-organized/festive meet that is committed to provide for a positive experience for each of your athletes.
- Staging the meet under ideal weather conditions and under the lights. The late afternoon cool breeze and evening temperatures will give your athletes a once-in-a-lifetime opportunity to experience the excitement of night racing in cross country while also avoiding the very hot September weather.
- Bringing together the top teams and individuals from multiple states for the ultimate in early-season competition. Year after year, this meet consistently draws many of the top ranked teams and individuals in California and the Nation.
- Having a course that is suitable to the conditioning level of all your athletes for this early part of the season. Practically the entire course will be run on well-manicured grass soccer fields.
- Distributing 2016 individual patches (6 sets of patches per race, 7 patches per set).
- Providing bib chip timing with live results being made available (as well as 1-mile and 2-mile splits) as soon as runners cross the finish line.
- Providing on-line and hard-copy accurate computerized results within minutes of the last finisher in each race.
- Having digital clocks for the 1-mile and 2-mile splits.
- Setting up an Expo with meet apparel including very attractive meet T-Shirts, discounted shoes, games, etc.
Hey, Mom and Dad! When is it YOUR time to PLAY? All-Star Executive Coaching has been a long-time promoter of Woodbridge High School Cross Country programs. They have a great offer for you. Download their flyer NOW!
Check out their other service offerings at All-Star Executive Coaching.
* * * * *
The Woodbridge High School Cross Country families want to thank Kevin Doverspike of RE/MAX for the donation of the hundreds of U.S. Flags that will be used to decorate the running course.
Explore Irvine California Real Estate at RE/MAX Kevin Doverspoke.