40th Annual Woodbridge Cross Country Classic
presented by ASICS America
* * * AN INVITATION * * *
The 40th Annual Woodbridge Cross Country Classic has been re-scheduled for January 15 and 16, 2021 due to the COVID-19 virus crisis as per the CIF sports calendar. The meet will be identical to our previous meets. Menus on top of this page provide all the details.
If your school registered for the meet (originally scheduled for September 18 and 19, 2020) during the spring or summer registration periods, you do not need to register again for the January event. You are all set!
If you have not already registered for our 40th Annual Classic, please do so right away. We have spots available currently due to the number of out-of-state teams not being able to attend. However, the spots do not last long. Register using the Team Entry Form.
For our friends from states outside of California, we are tentatively adding an “OPEN” division to our event so that these schools could race our course and get away from the winter cold to beautiful sunny Southern California. In January. The “OPEN” races will be contested on Saturday morning (January 16, 2021) starting at 7:30am. We are presently surveying interest is the “OPEN” division. If your school might be interested, please let us know.
The 41st Annual Woodbridge Cross Country Classic is scheduled for September 17 and 18, 2021.
Please continue to check back regularly to this website for all the latest news and announcements relating to the event.
Thank you for adding the Woodbridge Cross Country Classic presented by ASICS America to your 2020 schedule! See you this Fall!
For more information on how your participation in our meet can be made most enjoyable, please contact George Varvas at 949.632.4327 or by e-mail.
George Varvas ( 949.632.4327 )
Woodbridge High School Cross Country
Here is a list of some of the unique opportunities offered to enjoy the start of the cross country season.
- This is a well-organized/festive meet that is committed to provide for a positive experience for each of your athletes.
- Staging the meet under ideal weather conditions and under the lights. The late afternoon cool breeze and evening temperatures will give your athletes a once-in-a-lifetime opportunity to experience the excitement of night racing in cross country while also avoiding the very hot September weather.
- Bringing together the top teams and individuals from multiple states for the ultimate in early-season competition. Year after year, this meet consistently draws many of the top ranked teams and individuals in California and the Nation.
- Having a course that is suitable to the conditioning level of all your athletes for this early part of the season. Practically the entire course will be run on well-manicured grass soccer fields.
- Distributing 2016 individual patches (6 sets of patches per race, 7 patches per set).
- Providing bib chip timing with live results being made available (as well as 1-mile and 2-mile splits) as soon as runners cross the finish line.
- Providing on-line and hard-copy accurate computerized results within minutes of the last finisher in each race.
- Having digital clocks for the 1-mile and 2-mile splits.
- Setting up an Expo with meet apparel including very attractive meet T-Shirts, discounted shoes, games, etc.
Hey, Mom and Dad! When is it YOUR time to PLAY? All-Star Executive Coaching has been a long-time promoter of Woodbridge High School Cross Country programs. They have a great offer for you. Download their flyer NOW!
Check out their other service offerings at All-Star Executive Coaching.
* * * * *
The Woodbridge High School Cross Country families want to thank Kevin Doverspike of RE/MAX for the donation of the hundreds of U.S. Flags that will be used to decorate the running course.
Explore Irvine California Real Estate at RE/MAX Kevin Doverspoke.