35th Annual Woodbridge Cross Country Classic
* * * Thank you to all who attended! * * *
Dear Coaches, Athletes, and Parents,
Our staff is already getting ready for next year’s Classic and two great nights of racing! Friday, September 16, 2016 and Saturday, September 17, 2016. All divisions include racing “under the lights”.
Our staff is working very hard to provide an enjoyable experience for you and your athletes. The meet will continue to use chip timing with results being made available as soon as runners cross the finish line.
Please check back regularly to this website for more information. For more information on how your participation in our meet can be make most enjoyable, please contact George Varvas at 949.632.4327 or by e-mail.
Thank you for your school’s participation in the Woodbridge Cross Country Classic! See you next year!
George Varvas ( 949.632.4327 )
Woodbridge High School Cross Country
Facts about our meet:
- Staging the meet under ideal weather conditions and under the lights. The late afternoon cool ocean breeze and evening temperatures will give your athletes a once-in-a-lifetime opportunity to experience the excitement of night racing in cross country while also avoiding the very hot September weather.
- Bringing together the top teams and individuals from multiple states for the ultimate in early-season competition. Year after year, this meet consistently draws many of the top ranked teams and individuals in California and the Nation (240+ schools, 11,000+ athletes).
- Having a course that is suitable to the conditioning level of all your athletes for this early part of the season. The entire course is on flat fast grass/dirt surfaces.
- Handing-out over 4800 individual medals (100 per race) and over 288 team trophies (6 per race).
- Providing chip timing with results being made available as soon as runners cross the finish line.
- Providing on-line and hard-copy accurate computerized results within minutes of the last finisher in each race.
- Having digital clocks for the mile and 2-mile splits.
- Setting-up a festive health and expo fair with information and give-aways for your athletes.
- Providing an easy fund-raiser that will afford your team the opportunity to raise needed funds for your team’s activities/trips. Contact the Rotary Club for information at firstname.lastname@example.org.