34th Annual Woodbridge Cross Country Classic
* * * An Invitation * * *
*** Thank you for attending our 2014 Meet. All Results are posted! ***
Check back soon for more information about next year’s meet including dates.
* * * * *
Woodbridge High School is proud to announce that the 34th Annual Woodbridge Cross Country Classic will be staged this year at the Orange County Great Park in Irvine. Although the designed course for this event will not be ready for this year (the Great Park is still under heavy construction), the 2014 course will be a typical “Woodbridge” course (flat, very visible, fast, soft surface). The meet is sponsored by VS Athletics.
Two great nights of racing! To provide optimum racing conditions and accommodate additional team entries, our meet will take place on two evenings: Friday, September 19, 2014 and Saturday, September 20, 2014. All divisions will include races “under the lights”. Red and White divisions will run on Friday starting at 5:00 pm. Blue and Gold divisions will run on Saturday starting at 4:00 pm.
Additionally, the meet will use chip timing for the first time (courtesy of Finished Results), with results being made available as soon as runners cross the finish line. Please note the Chip and Bib Instructions page about use prior to and after your team’s races.
Please check back regularly to this website for more information. For more information on how your participation in our meet can be make most enjoyable, please contact George Varvas at 949.632.4327 or by e-mail.
Finally, on behalf of Veterans Green Projects Initiative (“VGPI”), we want to invite you to join us for our introduction to VGPI’s national e-waste collection program that benefits the Patriotic Hearts 501c3 non-profit through its HirePatriots.com initiative.
Thank you for your school’s participation in the Woodbridge Cross Country Classic! See you in September!
George Varvas ( 949.632.4327 )
Woodbridge High School Cross Country
Facts about our meet:
- Staging the meet under ideal weather conditions and under the lights. The late afternoon cool ocean breeze and evening temperatures will give your athletes a once-in-a-lifetime opportunity to experience the excitement of night racing in cross country while also avoiding the very hot September weather.
- Bringing together the top teams and individuals from multiple states for the ultimate in early-season competition. Year after year, this meet consistently draws many of the top ranked teams and individuals in California and the Nation (240+ schools, 11,000+ athletes).
- Having a course that is suitable to the conditioning level of all your athletes for this early part of the season. The entire course is on flat fast grass/dirt surfaces.
- Handing-out over 4800 individual medals (100 per race) and over 288 team trophies (6 per race).
- Providing chip timing with results being made available as soon as runners cross the finish line.
- Providing on-line and hard-copy accurate computerized results within minutes of the last finisher in each race.
- Having digital clocks for the mile and 2-mile splits.
- Setting-up a festive health and expo fair with information and give-aways for your athletes.
- Providing an easy fund-raiser that will afford your team the opportunity to raise needed funds for your team’s activities/trips. Contact Jerry Rekers for information at email@example.com.