35th Annual Woodbridge Cross Country Classic
* * *¬† An Invitation¬† * * *
Woodbridge High School is proud to announce that the 35th Annual Woodbridge Cross Country Classic will be staged this year at the Orange County Great Park in Irvine.¬† Although the designed course for this¬†event will not be ready for this year (the¬†Great Park¬†is still under heavy construction), the 2015 course will be a typical ‚ÄúWoodbridge‚ÄĚ course (flat, very visible, fast, soft surface).¬† The meet is sponsored by VS¬†Athletics.
Two great nights of racing!¬† To provide optimum racing conditions and accommodate additional team entries, our meet will take place on two evenings:¬† Friday,¬†September 18, 2015 and Saturday, September 19, 2015.¬† All divisions will include races “under the lights”.¬†¬†Red and White divisions will run on Friday starting at 5:00 pm.¬† Blue and Gold divisions will run on Saturday starting at 4:00 pm.
The meet will continue to use chip timing with results being made available as soon as runners cross the finish line.¬† Please note the Chip and Bib Instructions page about use prior to and after your team‚Äôs races.
Please check back regularly to this website for more information.¬† For more information on how your participation in our meet can be make most enjoyable, please contact George Varvas at 949.632.4327 or by e-mail.
Thank you for your school‚Äôs participation in the Woodbridge Cross Country Classic!¬† See you in September!
George Varvas ( 949.632.4327 )
Woodbridge High School Cross Country
Facts about our meet:
- Staging the meet under ideal weather conditions and under the lights.¬† The late afternoon cool ocean breeze and¬†evening temperatures¬†will give your athletes a once-in-a-lifetime opportunity to experience the excitement of night racing in cross country while also avoiding the very hot September weather.
- Bringing together the top teams and individuals from multiple states for the ultimate in early-season competition.¬† Year after year, this meet consistently draws many of the top ranked teams and individuals in California and the Nation (240+ schools, 11,000+ athletes).
- Having a course that is suitable to the conditioning level of all your athletes for this early part of the season.¬† The entire course is on flat fast grass/dirt surfaces.
- Handing-out over 4800 individual medals (100 per race) and over 288 team trophies (6 per race).
- Providing chip timing with results being made available as soon as runners cross the finish line.
- Providing on-line and hard-copy accurate computerized results within minutes of the last finisher in each race.
- Having digital clocks for the mile and 2-mile splits.
- Setting-up a festive health and expo fair with information and give-aways for your athletes.
- Providing an easy fund-raiser that will afford your team the opportunity to raise needed funds for your team’s activities/trips.¬† Contact Jerry Rekers for information at email@example.com.