34th Annual Woodbridge Cross Country Classic
* * * An Invitation * * *
Thank you for attending our 2013 meet and hope you enjoyed it as much as we did. Please check out any Results that you haven’t already downloaded. Also, be sure to check out the photos and videos sections for media links of each race (including past years).
* * * * *
Woodbridge High School is proud to announce that the 34th Annual Woodbridge Cross Country Classic will be staged this year at the Orange County Great Park in Irvine. Although the designed course for this event will not be ready for this year (the Great Park is still under heavy construction), the 2014 course will be a typical “Woodbridge” course (flat, very visible, fast, soft surface). The meet is sponsored by VS Athletics.
Two great nights of racing! To provide optimum racing conditions and accommodate additional team entries, our meet will take place on two evenings: Friday, September 19, 2014 and Saturday, September 20, 2014. All divisions will include races “under the lights”. Red and White divisions will run on Friday starting at 5:00 pm. Blue and Gold divisions will run on Saturday starting at 4:00 pm.
Check the Meet Schedule for race start times. Please mark your calendars with the date and let us know as soon as possible, if you plan to attend. Team Registration for the 2014 meet is now open. The first 190 teams responding will be guaranteed a spot.
We would like to invite your cross country teams to join us once again (or for the first time) to this special and exciting meet. We feel that our meet offers your team a number of unique opportunities to enjoy the start of the cross country season. This well-organized/festive meet is committed to provide for a positive experience for each of your athletes. Staging the meet on Friday and Saturday nights, gives everyone the unique opportunity to run under the lights and under ideal weather conditions. No worries about hot September weather.
If you are able to attend, please contact us ASAP. The meet turned away about 20 schools last year. It fills up fast! Also, if you have a preference on divisions (blue, gold, red, white), please let us know ASAP and we will do our best to accommodate your request.
Good luck during the track season. Please contact us here ASAP to secure a spot in the meet!
Please check back regularly to this website for more information. For more information on how your participation in our meet can be make most enjoyable, please contact George Varvas at 949.632.4327 or by e-mail.
Thank you for your school’s participation in the Woodbridge Cross Country Classic! See you in September!
George Varvas (949.632.4327)
Woodbridge High School Cross Country
Facts about our meet:
- Staging the meet under ideal weather conditions and under the lights. The late afternoon cool ocean breeze and evening temperatures will give your athletes a once-in-a-lifetime opportunity to experience the excitement of night racing in cross country while also avoiding the very hot September weather.
- Bringing together the top teams and individuals from multiple states for the ultimate in early-season competition. Year after year, this meet consistently draws many of the top ranked teams and individuals in California and the Nation (240+ schools, 11,000+ athletes).
- Having a course that is suitable to the conditioning level of all your athletes for this early part of the season. The entire course is on flat fast grass/dirt surfaces.
- Handing-out over 4800 individual medals (100 per race) and over 288 team trophies (6 per race).
- Providing on-line and hard-copy accurate computerized results within minutes of the last finisher in each race.
- Having digital clocks for the mile and 2-mile splits.
- Setting-up a festive health and expo fair with information and give-aways for your athletes.
- Providing an easy fund-raiser that will afford your team the opportunity to raise needed funds for your team’s activities/trips. Contact Jerry Rekers for information at firstname.lastname@example.org.